Invisalign Metuchen, NJ
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces in Middlesex County, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Nasr’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Nasr has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Legacy Dental about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign?
Clear aligners like Invisalign have become the ideal treatment for patients with crowded teeth and spaces. Clear aligners are considered the most conservative treatments for correcting smiles.
What are the pros and cons of Invisalign compared to traditional braces?
Pros: Invisalign is practically invisible. They are easily removed during eating and drinking, which makes cleaning your teeth a breeze. Unlike braces, clear aligners are very comfortable, and you don’t have to worry about a metal wire scratching your gums while speaking.
Cons: While Invisalign can treat most cases, very complex cases may still require traditional metal braces.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Since every patient presents a unique case, simple cases require less time, monitoring and are associated with less risk, and the contrary is true with complex cases.
Depending on insurance involvement and case complexity, most of our patients are in a payment range of $150 to $250 per month for 2 or 3 years. Call Legacy Dental Phone Number 732-549-0173 to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Nasr.
Is Invisalign painful?
Invisalign is not nearly as uncomfortable as traditional metal braces. Most of our patients find that when they start a new tray, the first 24hrs. feels “tight.” After that, wearing aligners feels like breaking into a shoe, rarely do our patients complain of discomfort
Will I need to wear a retainer after treatment?
Yes, wearing a retainer is necessary to keep your teeth in the same position. Teeth are attached to bone by millions of small fibers called ‘PDL.’ Each fiber has memory to resort to pulling the tooth back to its initial position. Our goal is to minimize or completely prevent this from happening!